15309 KAL Strata Shawl Info & Kit
Would you like to challenge yourself by completing the Sharamade Strata Shawl during September 2021?
If so, come join in the fun on our Facebook Social Knitworking Group, where you can chat about your project, inspire one another with your ideas/creations, share photos of your work-in-progress, ask for help, upload a photo of any knitting dilema, share triumphant photos of your completed project!
Participation is simple:
- Buy the KAL Strata Shawl e-pattern and organise your own yarns, or buy the KAL Strata Shawl Kit above, in the colours of our Clover Mohair Tweed (pictured).
Please note: the Kit includes the Strata Shawl e-pattern and 7 balls of the Clover Mohair Tweed (as listed below); needles and extras are not included.
- Start your Strata Shawl at some point after 12 am your local time on Tuesday, 1 September, and finish it before midnight your local time on Thursday, 30 September 2021.
- Enter your participation on our Social Knitworking Facebook page and tag it with #KALCrumbzStrataShawl plus any other tags you like eg: #crumbcrowd #crumbzcraft #sharamade etc.
That's it! It's that easy to get involved :-)
You can also chat in the group as much as you want, ask questions from Shara, the designer of the Strata Shawl, share your experience, and report your progress. Craft Connects Us!
Below are the yarn usage detail, as well as some other details that might be useful:
- 310-350m (340-380 yds) DK (or 8 ply) yarn in total.
Shara selected 7 colours from our Clover Mohair Tweed range (as pictured).
Colour 1: 2639 Bhainne: 15m (7g),
Colour 2: 2611 Blueberry: 30m (15g),
Colour 3: 2620 Grape: 50m (25g),
Colour 4: 2641 Liscannor: 60m (30g),
Colour 5: 2634 Bramble Stone: 75m (38g),
Colour 6: 2609 Rowan: 85m (45g),
Colour 7: 2626 Autumn Heath: 110m (50g)
- 5mm needles. An 80-100cm (32”-40”) circular will work well. Even though this shawl is knit flat in rows, using a circular needle will help accomodate the large amount of stitches.
2 stitch markers
- Tapestry needle to weave in yarn ends
- Pins for blocking your shawl when it’s finished.
19sts x 32 rows per 10cm (4”) PRE blocking. While accurate gauge is not essential for this shawl, if your gauge is dramatically different your yarn requirements may differ. Take this into account. Also, your shawl will grow with blocking.
Finished Size, after blocking:
Approx 168cm (66”) wide and 54cm (21”) deep
Helpful KAL Video Links:
Cast on Method